We are having Several Seminars at MHS next year and unlike in the past, we have decided to offer seminars to all students and count them as an elective credit toward graduation for all students.
Seminar Sign-Ups: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MSLKSZW
Some facts about Seminars:
– Seminars are shorter inter-disciplinary learning experiences that are offered multiple times throughout the semester to allow students to take a variety of learning experiences in different subject areas without filling up their course load.
– Seminars can be taken as either pass-fail courses or can be graded (which would impact GPA) Students must indicate to the teacher during the first week of the seminar which way he/she would like scoring to occur.
– An individual Seminar will run for approximately 20-25 days.
– For the fall of 2014 seminars will be offered during periods 1 and 4, and Periods 1 and 3 in the spring.
– Students may enroll in up to 4 seminars/period/semester.
– For a student to count a seminar as their 3rd course (for eligibility purposes), he or she must enroll and complete 3 of the 4 seminar slots during the semester.
Seminar Sign-Ups can be found at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MSLKSZW
Again, for more information contact your guidance counselor or speak to me directly about seminars.